Saturday, February 25, 2006

triple project update.

All done, and given to my mom because they match a scarf I made for her awhile back. Those are her hands modelling them. Everyone who saw them was thrilled with the way the fingers became striped, and I have to say I thought it was pretty nifty, too. The gauge turned out to be 10 stitches and 13 rows = 1 square inch. Nice and tiny.

I am sad to say that in a fit of "something is not right!" I ripped out the entirety of the black stockinette sweater I am making. My issues: I thought I would be all clever and knit it flat to the underarms, and then work set-in sleeves in the round. Haha. The seaming was way too bulky in the underarms and made them much too small. I was also very unhappy with Elizabeth Zimmerman's instructions for the shoulders. Even though I wrapped my short rows, when the shoulders were binded off together they had this strange little eyelet thing going on. I hate having holes in my knitting that I didn't plan for. So the whole thing is ripped, and I'm starting again. Everything will be in the round this time, and I think I know what to do to alter Zimmerman's instructions to work for me. I am 1/3 of the way done with the body so far. Sigh.

Camera just died when I was about to post a picture of my progress on my sweater for the Sweaters from Camp knitalong. The colors look very nice together and I am definitely happy with them. The cord in my circular needles was so incredibly loopy that I accidentally twisted the stitches when I joined in the round. Hooray, time for my first steek! I did beautifully up one side, and then got too excited and cut about 6 live stitches. I'm pretty sure that it's fixed, but I'm thinking I might unravel this, too, and start again. My tension is actually looking pretty good, but, well, why not. I'm not working on it until I get the body of the black sweater done, though, so I'll have some time to sit on it and think.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Hege said...

Thanks for you comment on my blog! You have quite a lot of beautiful work yourself. I love the lace scarves you created, they are gorgeous. And the gloves are great. I hope you put a picture of your greyhounds on your site, I would love to see them. I will put one up of mine, as soon as I get a good one of both. For some reason, every time they strike a pose, my camera is not nearby :)

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home