Monday, August 20, 2007

for whom the bell tolls

I never thought I'd make it far enough to say this, but the end is in sight! Thanks in great part to Hege, I was able to sew in the sleeves successfully, with minimal tears and sweat. I cut the steek last night, and picked up more than 400 stitches to make the border for the fronts and neck. All that's left now is actually knitting the border, sewing the final picot hem at the bottom, and then putting on the sweater and passing out into a heap until I've mustered up the strength to drive to the yarn store and pick out yarn for another colorwork sweater. I'm guessing that will take, say, 10 minutes.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Hege said...

It is looking beautiful! Wow! I can't wait to see you model it! The colors you chose are gorgeous!

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So close! Good luck with those last few long rows. You know what they say about the darkest hour coming just before dawn. ;-)

Are you doing more Poetry next?... I will probably fall right over if you say yes. ;-)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

So, so pretty. You'll have to wear that to the next fiber festival for sure.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home