Thursday, June 28, 2007

a garden that needs to be weeded

Well, that's a big mess, isn't it? I've never seen a sweater in more dire need of sewing and blocking, but I think after I do that it will start to look much better. The first sleeve went much more easily than I thought it would, although I did discover that those picot edges are a real pain when done on double pointed needles. To anyone knitting this sweater or a similar one - do the round on bigger needles very loosely. Trust me.

As I start to see the end for this sweater, I've been planning which colorwork sweater I'll knit next. I've been thinking that this sweater from Poetry in Stitches would look nice in white with a blue design. And maybe Crichton could be resurrected in black with a gray design? Don't answer that, I think I'm being crazy again.

(Jessica reminded me to add that of course both of these potential sweaters would have waist shaping, and I'm thinking set-in sleeves for both, too. I love the charts, but the lack of tailoring isn't really for me.)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger The Digger said...

That's going to look awesome once it's blocked and finished. I kind of like the big leaves on the first sweater you linked, but I think a pattern so big probably needs good shaping to not be sack like. Anyway, purdy!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

It always gets worse before it gets better, right?

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that leafy cardigan! Nobody ever seems to knit it, so it will be very exciting if you cast on. :-)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crichton in black and gray and with shaping? Would be fabulous.

The garden sweater is looking beautiful! Darning the buttonholes? lol. I loathe buttonholes. Mine always look terrible.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Hege said...

It's beautiful! I wrote you a reply about the sleeves on the Poetry page. The 160 sweater would be great in blue and white...

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home