Tuesday, March 20, 2007

stripes and torchon, blocked

Daisy wanted a turn, too.

This is my finished Stripes and Torchon lace scarf from Victorian Lace Today. I used 2.5 balls of Rowan's Kidsilk Haze in "Marmalade", and US 0 instead of U 6 needles because I wanted the fabric to be more dense. The pattern calls for 5 columns of diamonds with 23 repeats, but I only did 3 columns and 21 repeats, to help make the piece smaller. I like smaller shawls and scarves. It measures 49" by 17", which is a perfect size for me.

It's hard to photograph just how much light comes through the scarf. It almost looks ethereal.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Hege said...

It's beautiful! And Daisy deserves it because she is a princess! I like the more dense fabric.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Beth S. said...

That first picture is utterly adorable. Probably the cutest thing I'll see all day. :-)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Looks fabulous!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

It's gorgeous! I love the colour.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Gorgeous! And Daisy looks like a sweetheart. I love greyhounds.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home