Sunday, January 07, 2007

the return of snow sky



I know, I know. This picture looks like old news. Actually, if you look closely, you'll see that this is my second attempt at Snow Sky. Last weekend I managed to finish both sleeves, and was well on my way to finishing the cardigan when I realized that I'd spent so much time worrying about matching the patterns on sleeve and body that I'd completely forgotten that the actual body of the sweater would have to be the same on front and back for the shoulder grafting to work correctly. So, out came all my knitting and I started again. Everything is pretty much the same, except that I went down one needle size to US 3s in order to fit in more pattern repeats in the same amount of space. I'm also being much more careful to keep my yarn in the correct hand, since in my last attempt I was unwittingly switching hands every time I picked up the sweater, and it was pretty obvious.


I really want to have the body and sleeves joined by the end of the week, so we'll see how that goes. After I finish this I want to start one of the sweaters from Poetry in Stitches - the projects in that book are so beautiful that it's good incentive to think about them as I churn away on this one.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Hege said...

That is going to be so beautiful! I can't believe you redid it already! You will be wearing it really soon! I am working on my Poetry sweater again, but have not yet redone what I ripped out... Did you get the book for Christmas like you wanted?

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice backside there! -rudbekia

7:38 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Such a beautiful sweater! I'm inspired by your ability to rip out and reknit. Sometimes I am so loath to give up forward motion that I end up with something I'm not all that happy with.

Thank you so much for the link for downsizing. I already gifted the much-too-big sweater, but I gave it to someone I work with so I get to see it regularly.

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home