Tuesday, November 07, 2006

when mittens attack


So, what happens when you figure that getting stitch gauge means you can knit your mitten in the dark without trying it on?


MONSTER MITTEN!!!

That's almost a full 12 inches (30.5 centimeters) of mitten there, folks. And it's not even blocked yet. These were meant for someone who has larger hands than me, but this is ridiculous. The cuffs are bad, too - way too wide.

Normal sized mittens just can not compare. Now, to figure out how to make a mitten chart work for a shorter size...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting in the dark may not be the best thing - but I do believe that traditional Norwegian mittens are typically longer and floppier, on purpose. I can't remember where I read that...

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mitten is probably just right for me!!! Send it my way, I have HUMUNGOUS HANDS.....you have some very lovely projects going on. I am hoping to branch out to fair isles soon....color intimidates me.....I knit cables till the cows come home but put a multi color pattern in front of me and I run and hide!! BEAUTIFUL!! HDW

5:43 PM  
Blogger Hapto said...

huh. could you felt them? not that the wearer's manual dexterity will improve with each wash... but it might be worth the experiment... but then I'm pro experimenting and con ripping out. :-)

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home