Friday, June 09, 2006

many new things

The angora sweater is steadily plugging along. I have decided on a v-neck, with 3/4 length sleeves. The brown ribbing on the body measures at 5.5 inches, so I think the ribbing on each sleeve will be 2.25 inches. I'm going to have a good amount of yarn left, but I think the sweater will look nicest this way.
The body measures 12 inches right now. I think I may start the neck shaping now.

I've also picked out a new sweater to start. It will have to wait a few days because I'll be using the same needles as those for the angora sweater. It's the "beaded sweater" from Vintage Knits by Sarah Dallas.

I'm making mine with some leftover Morehouse merino, instead of the Rowan Botany that is suggested. You can see a little ball of the color resting on the page. The color is "charcoal", and as you can see it's a very dark gray. I'm wondering if black beads would look nice, or if I should choose something lighter. I'll take a trip to the bead store later this week and decide.

And finally, one more project. I inherited a lot of yarn a few years ago. I probably have close to 75 skeins. The problem is, not a single one matches. They were all sample skeins that my grandmother used to receive for free. I've been trying to think of something to do with them, because I'd rather not give them away - call me sentimental. I've decided to do a tesselating fish blanket .

The gray fish is made out of fake chenille, and the red fish from Lion Brand's woolease in cranberry. Right now I have 4 gray fish and 1 red one. The pattern is really fun, and each fish only takes me about half an hour. The fin detailing is my favorite part, and I also love how garter stitch so accurately depicts scales. I'm excited to finally have a solution to all that yarn, and to make some room underneath my bed!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Hege said...

Your angora sweater looks so cuddly! I love angora! And the pattern looks great. The beaded sweater is so pretty, what vintage knits book is that? I have Vintage Knits by Rowan and it's not in there...

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home