Sunday, April 16, 2006

Vogue belted cardigan (spring '06)


While Vogue Knitting magazine can sometimes come out with really vile stuff, there is usually at least one project in each issue that I like. This time it was #34, the Belted Cardigan. I had been wanting to make a cardigan out of some Cascade 220 that I had, and this pattern was (almost) perfect. I'm making the sweater shorter, with only 13" from hem to underarms instead of 15". I'm also going to add snaps so that the cardigan can close, and I'll be getting rid of the belt. So far it has been a very quick and enjoyable project. I'm using #8 needles, and the material is flying out. I'm already up to the armholes after only two days of knitting.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Hege said...

Wow, that was so fast! That will be a great cardigan.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks beautiful!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home