Sunday, April 16, 2006

crichton cardigan has one sleeve

The Crichton Cardigan looks quite jaunty here. Its first sleeve is all finished, and this time it actually fits. It's a little bit larger than I normally would make sleeves, but I like the look. I couldn't figure out the directions for the decreases at all, so I made up my own that seemed to work well. I knit the first and last of the underarm stitches in the dark color, and then decreased the underarm stitches (following the same rate as the directions) inside each dark color stitch.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger hege said...

Your cardigan looks great! And you did the decreases perfectly. Sounds like a great learning experience, having to figure them out by yourself! It's going to be so worth it :)

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Bee said...

I just found your blog through the SFCKAL, and your cardigan is so lovely! I've had this book for a while, and I think this is the project I'll try first. Lovely, lovely work!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Me said...

this looks lovely! great colors!

1:33 AM  
Blogger AnneB said...

Really marvelous color choice. I'd not been that interested in that particular SFC sweater and now will give it a much harder look. Good work!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home