Tuesday, March 21, 2006

crichton

I've made a lot of progress since my last post on Crichton. I completed two pattern repeats (about 15") before beginning the armholes. I'm now 20% done with the armholes, after which I continue on to the neck and then knit my sleeves down. Here's a picture of the back. (The front isn't so nice right now because the steek stitches mess up the pattern.)

I think it's pretty! Thanks to everyone who commented with anti-ripping out slogans - you were right.

Now I'm going to take some time with my black stockinette pullover. Pictures aren't really worth it because it's decidedly unphotogenic. However, I've combined the sleeves and body on one needle, and am currently decreasing it with Elizabeth Zimmerman's instructions for a set-in sleeve.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Hege said...

Your cardigan looks beautiful! I love the colors with the white background. You will be wearing this a lot, I think, it's really nice work. It looks like a difficult pattern to memorize, I am very impressed! Go Becki!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Hege said...

I can't stop looking at the picture :) It's really awesome. I want to make one like that!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Hege said...

Sorry, it's me again :) This is not knitting related. I was looking at your blog for such a long time, that I decided I needed to figure out what book your knitting quote was from :) I found it on Amazon, and I will have to read that book now, it sounds intriguing. Also, I was going to ask you, since you like Agatha Christie, have you ever read her contemporary Dorothy Sayers? She's great, too.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home