Thursday, April 27, 2006

vogue cardigan continues

The Vogue cardigan #34 is coming along nicely. As you can see, the back and half of the front are completely done. I've reversed the back so that you can see the patterning in this picture. The second half of the front is currently on the needles. I've just completed the last row of knots on it, so I'm about halfway done. I like the design of this a lot (even if I do have to seam it later). As you can see, the front folds back to show a series of knots around the neck. I like working that pattern - it breaks up the monotony of stockinette, but isn't so difficult that you need to keep on referencing the pattern. I'm also happy that I used the Cascade 220 that I had waiting for a sweater. I don't think I would have been very happy with the more summery blend that was recommended in the magazine. I think my stitch definition is much nicer than the modeled sweater, too. I am enjoying the warm weather here, but I hope we have at least one more drop in temperature so I can wear this sweater soon.


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really coming along so beautifully! -rudbekia

5:45 PM  
Blogger Hege said...

Wow, so fast! It looks beautiful, I like how the bottom edge is kind of scalloped...

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks fabulous darling! :P
Seriously, each project you post about amazes me more.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home