Wednesday, May 03, 2006

crichton cardigan is close to finished

I finished the neck edging and the left side of the front facing before realizing that I may need to make some more changes to the Crichton Cardigan's pattern. I accidentally didn't continue the front facing up to the neck edge, making a right angle between the two. It would be a little more work than I feel like doing to pick up stitches along the neck and try to make it fit, or to rip out the entire facing and try again. I'm also very close to running out of the periwinkle color, and I don't feel like paying $9.50 for another 220 yards of it, or just risking it and see how it goes. So, I'm thinking that I'm going to put it snaps.
I like how this looks better, anyway, I think. I wasn't a big fan of how the front facing broke up the pattern. I'm going to have to work out the more technical details still, and find a local place that will sell me the snaps. I think it will go nicely, though.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger hege said...

Such nice work! I noticed that you are planning another sweater from this book... You must like working fair isle. :) You have done an excellent job with this one! It's beautiful.

4:35 AM  
Anonymous heidi said...

it looks very beuatiful - and I love the colourway

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home