Sunday, August 06, 2006

lace cardigan and norwegian stockings


The angora, it seems, can be turned into something. I'm following the lace cardigan pattern from Sarah Dallas's Vintage Knits, and so far it's going well. I've finished the back and will start the fronts as soon as the humidity holds off - sweat and angora fuzz do not work so well together. I'm probably going to end up with 3/4 length or cap sleeves, but that's fine with me. I think it's going to look really nice once it's all washed and blocked.

In more photogenic news, I've just started the Norwegian stockings that Meg Swansen had published in the latest Vogue (Fall 2006). The pattern is absolutely gorgeous, and it's going so quickly for me. I'm using up some leftover Morehouse merino wool instead of the suggested Schoolhouse brand. The stripes go on the left and right of the leg, and the diamond pattern runs down the front and back of the leg. Not so coincidentally, the red matches perfectly with the new Kenneth Cole boots I just bought. It's going to be a lovely fall.

Whoops - more knitting bad luck. The stocking pattern is completely incorrect from the heel flap on. If anyone else is working on these, I've already contacted Vogue Knitting and Meg Swansen and will post the response once I get it.
And here it is!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just coming over to see if you'd made any progress getting past your knitting wall, and clearly you have. The socks look very promising! -rudbekia

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home