Tuesday, January 22, 2008

one

I should have specified in my last post that the Morehouse merino yarn I'm using for my Poetry in Stitches cardigan is not an exact substitute for the Hifa yarn. Instead, I'm using my own gauge to re-work the numbers and get a cardigan that will be smaller. Since I'm getting substantially more stitches per inch than the pattern's gauge, however, I'm actually casting on more stitches than the pattern calls for. In other words, if you have a desire to knit this cardigan, you will not necessarily have to do as much knitting as I am.

I finished one leaf repeat, and I have altogether nine inches. My last post's photo is much more true to color than this one is. You know how it is with the incessant January snow - or maybe you're lucky, and you don't.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snow? What's that? Did I mention I wore shorts yesterday? Because I did.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh. This is so lovely.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is really beautiful. More stitches than called for? But with yarn on hand. I can see why you went for it.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home