Wednesday, December 31, 2008

demi, from rowan vintage knits

The neckline was easy to fix. The abalone buttons weren't what I had in mind, but ended up being perfect.

The best part about knitting it circularly was seeing neat details like the side ribbing emerge right as I knitted them.
And yes, it is entirely possible to knit this circularly, even with its set-in sleeves. Simply consult Knitting Without Tears (Elizabeth Zimmermann)for instructions on how to knit up to the underams, follow the pattern's instructions for the initial decreasing of sleeves and body, and finish the decreasing and neck using Knitting Workshop (also EZ) as a guide.

This, along with four (or was it five?) skeins of Cascade 220 (I had to knit a different size to achieve a good fit since my gauge was different), should just about do it.
And while we're on the subject of finished projects, remember the bobbin lace tablecloth?


It had a makeover.Happy new year!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

Lovely! The shot of the side details has me moving this one up on my queue. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful 2009.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Hege said...

Demi is so lovely! I wish you a happy new year!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home