Tuesday, May 06, 2008

ducklings

This was the ugliest mitten I've ever made in my life. It's baggy, it's limp, and no amount of blocking fixes any of it. Sadly, I had made no mistakes in the pattern.

I did not want this mitten. I didn't want to wear it or even look at it. I picked it up to rip it out, but in an instant of sick experimentation, decided to see what it would look like if I embroidered a small white flower. And that looked a little better. So, since I had time to spare, I embroidered a few more.


I think it's a vast improvement. Do you? I still have to embroider the thumb.

The second mitten is already on the needles. I mostly have yarn for mittens and lace right now. I'll have to pick which one I want to do next, quickly.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is intriguing. I wonder if the embroidery gives the fabric a little more body. I bet it does...

10:54 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

It's better, but I'm not convinced of it yet.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are those the ones from Folk Mittens? I like them a lot better in these colours.
/Monika

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, duh. "current projects"
/Monika

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home