Sunday, April 20, 2008

spring mittens

It is too warm for mittens. But I made some anyway.


I am determined to use up all the yarn I have by next fall, and this Jamieson and Smith's time was up. I made the Faroe Island Mittens from Folk Mittens by Marcia Lewandoski, and now I can see why this yarn is so highly recommended for colorwork, and particularly fair isle. Knitted images come out very crisp and clean, and for some reason the fabric was incredibly smooth - I hardly had to block them at all.

These are now packed up with the rest of the cold weather accessories. I'm trying to have some substantial work to show each Sunday. Right now I've turned back to lace.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger morgan said...

How had I never come across your blog before?? Egads!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home