Sunday, April 13, 2008

cap shawl

April showers bring lots of time to knit lace.


This is the cap shawl from Victorian Lace Today. It has not been blocked, nor have the ends been woven in. I have bigger plans for this shawl - I'd like to incorporate it into a quilt that I have planned. The yarn is an organic cotton that I bought at the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival in 2007. I wish that the store had put their name on the bag or the label, since I have no idea where I got it from. The only information I have is from the tag, which says on the front: 100% organic cotton / 18/2 / 100 grams - 1650 yards. On the back it is even more cryptic: 9871 Ring / Ne 18/2 / 8.3 TPI / 50% Pima / 50% Green. I'm sure 18/2 is the yarn weight, but for those of you who don't speak numbers, I can tell you that it seems to be cobweb. Regardless of yarn weight, the shawl itself is huge. In the picture it is resting on my full size bed.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooooh, pretty!

By "incorporate", do you mean that you are going to baste it onto an existing quilt top?... That sounds like a truly epic undertaking.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home