Sunday, April 27, 2008

red

Mention Victorian lace, and it doesn't take me much more to get interested. For that very reason, Victorian Lace Today really piqued my interest. But I'll admit that I wasn't entirely sold until I saw this curved shawl.

It's rare for me to use the same color that the pattern calls for, but I thought the red was so perfect that I couldn't change it. I used Jaggerspun Zephyr and US size 0 needles, which were much smaller than what was called for but gave me the same gauge. I also did fewer pattern repeats, and attached the border with single joins, rather than double.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Very lovely.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh! So pretty! And just the thing for those slightly chilly spring days.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Hege said...

I love this! It looks wonderful in the yarn you chose. I have red lace yarn I need to use up, too, and was contemplating this shawl.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home