Saturday, May 27, 2006

crichton takes an outing

Can you guess what I did today? Here's a hint:

The Crichton Cardigan's ends are all woven in, and button bands (finally) correctly on. Blocking did wonders for it - I really think it turned out beautifully, even if I did keep on forgetting that I had purposely made holes for buttons and kept on trying to darn them. Ugh. I'm glad that part is over.

I think maybe silver buttons?

Labels: , , ,

Monday, May 15, 2006

this week

If you're wondering where I am, well, it's finals week and it's pouring rain and I'm supposed to be packing to leave here at 9am on Saturday morning, which is the same day that I start my new job.


No pictures will be available for awhile because of all those reasons, but I have made a little bit of progress. I determined that I did have enough yarn to do the button bands on Crichton properly, so I've decided to rip out the wrong one and do them as the pattern instructs. I have half of one done correctly (complete with buttonholes!), but I still need to rip out the other side. And find buttons, for that matter!

The Vogue cardigan is all done! I need to find some hook-and-eyes to make it close, though, since it hangs a little funny without them. Three guesses why I haven't had the time to buy the hook-and-eyes.

I've also started knitting two teddy bears for a friend whose birthday is coming up soon. She collects bears, and I thought this might be a nice gift. I am loosely basing them aroundKnitty's "Bubby". The smaller one is almost done except for a leg, and I've started making a sweater for him (or her?). I'm making the bears out of leftover Cascade 220 from the Vogue cardigan, and their sweaters and hats are going to be made from some scrap yarn.

I hope to do a real post with pictures next week!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

crichton cardigan is close to finished

I finished the neck edging and the left side of the front facing before realizing that I may need to make some more changes to the Crichton Cardigan's pattern. I accidentally didn't continue the front facing up to the neck edge, making a right angle between the two. It would be a little more work than I feel like doing to pick up stitches along the neck and try to make it fit, or to rip out the entire facing and try again. I'm also very close to running out of the periwinkle color, and I don't feel like paying $9.50 for another 220 yards of it, or just risking it and see how it goes. So, I'm thinking that I'm going to put it snaps.
I like how this looks better, anyway, I think. I wasn't a big fan of how the front facing broke up the pattern. I'm going to have to work out the more technical details still, and find a local place that will sell me the snaps. I think it will go nicely, though.

Labels: , ,